I DO NOT SUPPORT INCREASING ANY TAXES.
The State of Kansas is flush with money and the only discussion we should be having is what taxes we should be DECREASING.
Personally, I favor the following:
Sales Tax Reduction
- I support the IMMEDIATE elimination of the sales tax on food.
- I support eliminating the sales tax on hygiene products.
- I support eliminating the sales tax on over the counter drugs.
Property Tax Reduction
- I support restoring the Local Ad Valorem Tax Relief Fund (LAVTRF) for local units of government in order to lower property taxes.
- I support lowering the Residential Assessment rate from 11.5% to 9%.
Income Tax Reduction
- I support the elimination of income tax on retirement income.
- I support tax credits for higher education students.
I am open to discussing any and all other proposals to return tax dollars to taxpayers and shutting the door on any discussion of increasing taxes.